News and blog
Early Conciliation came into force on 6 April 2014 meaning that any teacher or school employee will need to notify ACAS in the event they intend to pursue an Employment Tribunal claim against their school or local authority. For the first month this will be a voluntary process but from 6 May 2014 anybody wishing to present a claim to the Employment Tribunal will have to comply. So what does this mean for you?
Vince Cable has today requested a full consultation into the ACAS code of practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures and this consultation is very much welcomed by Edapt.
It is fundamental that all employees are treated equally under any disciplinary, grievance or legal process. 74% of people, in the UK, are not union members
About our Service
- Extended hours front line support and advice
- Accompaniment at disciplinary and grievance hearings where available
- Representation and up to £100,000 legal costs at employment tribunal and professional hearings
- Specific advice on individual contracts and policies
- Supplementary pay when attending employment tribunal
- Opportunities for teachers to engage in the education policy debate
- Access to our development fund
Terms and conditions apply.
Follow us @edaptuk